Monday, July 21, 2008

My Career Seems to Have a Pattern

While I was in college back in the early dawn of the 1990's, my fellow students and I were told not to expect to find a job waiting for us when we graduated.

Imagine the thrill of hope that ran through me upon hearing that. In my school's defense, our nation had run smack dab into a recession -- under President Bush.

Luckily, I was able to maneuver my way into the workforce, and by 1999 I had developed a career helping nonprofit organizations raise funds, attract people or disseminate information -- however my writing and technical skills could be put to best use.

Then, I got married, moved to the suburbs, and had a baby; by 2000, I had become a stay-at-home mom.

Now that my youngest child is entering kindergarten, I'd like to rejoin the workforce. Only I seem to have run into a recession economy. Under President Bush. It's dejà vu all over again!

However, if I could do it before, I can do it again.

I have a resume; who wants a copy?

1 comment:

Johnny Pipewrench said...

I want a copy.
Send it to...
Johnny pipewrench
636 DON'T CARE dr.,
BLOWME,Il.
60666